Monday, September 14, 2009

Regen

This post is titled "Rain" because, well, it rains nearly EVERYDAY. If you don't own an umbrella (Regenschirm) here, you are certainly in the minority, if not the only person who doesn't have one. It always rains at night, and also a few times a day. It is certainly NOT fabelhaft (a new word I picked up from my British friends which means fabulous).

My class is going, well, I guess.. Just really boring and a little bit tedious, though I'm sure I need the practice. And I suppose if I wasn't taking it, I would be alone because my friends are all enrolled in it. My class gets so much homework, and its SO lame. Ugh..

Anyways, this past weekend was alright. I've been thoroughly enjoying Döner Kebabs. These
things are delicious. I cannot express my love for this food, and my fear for never having them once I leave. I however try NOT to think of where the meat comes from, and try to avoid
looking at it when they shave the meat off the giant chunk with an electric shaving contraption, and the lack of gloves these people wear, and the CAT BEHIND THE COUNTER. I'm including a picture because its so delicious. 'Nuff said. **shudders**

Next on the list of things to talk about are the trains. I love them and how often they come. They are also very clean, along with the subway stops...much cleaner than NYC. They do however close from 1am to 4am, which could quite possibly be the worse time to be closed. Nobody wants to LEAVE the bar at 1am, in fact we have trouble GETTING to the club before 1am. But often times, we don't really want to stay till 4am either, so your only options are the Nachtbus or Taxi. Well the Nachtbus leaves Konstablerwache at 2am or 3am. Again, not a good time. A good time would be 3:30am, but who am I to talk.

Anyways, its time to go shopping, in the rain...wet rainy day.
Ciao
A

No comments:

Post a Comment